Retirement Livery - Our Services
We offer 3 types of Retirement Livery:
Option 1 - Your horse will have a stable all year round and will be on a "full livery" routine
Option 2- Your horse will live out in summer and will have a stable and daily turnout during winter (ideal for those horses that are not hardy, and those that need to retire but haven't lived out before)
Option 3 - Your horse will live out permanently
As the horses owner, you would be welcome to visit anytime, or if you prefer, we can send you regular photos and email/text updates of your horse or pony.
Our service is tailored to the needs of the individual horse, but includes the following as standard:
- Small groups of horses to each field or paddock
- Careful introduction of new horses to the group (initially a new arrival will be put in a paddock next to the intended companions to check for compatibility)
- Putting on fly sheets, sun cream and fly masks in the summer months
- Rug changing all year round
- Daily Feeding and giving medication/supplemens where applicable
- Poo picking fields during summer months
- Care of any injuries or ailments
- Collecting samples to undertake Lab worm counts and wormer administration if necessary
- Attendance [and organising] with farriers, dentists, vets
- Use of the facilities as required
- Arranging rug cleaning, repairs and re-proofing
- Provision of ad lib hay, fed using tombstone horse hayfeeders in winter months (usually November to April)
Whether due to age, injury, or just a well-earned rest, Maple Farm believes that horses and ponies should continue to receive 5* care and attention in their retirement or recuperation period.
We can also offer long term stabling and support for recuperating horses and ponies as required.